Yikes. A new Fallout 4 patch is available for the bugs that many players are plagued with while playing. Why the yikes? This game patch isn’t official and it isn’t from the makers of the game. NexusMods.com has just published a new patch for the latest Fallout title and it purports to fix many of the bugs in Fallout 4. It’s an exhaustive list of patches and their fixes. The bugs fixed include design eras, voiceovers, maps, settlers, and more.
You’ll need the Official Fallout 4 patch 1.5.146 or greater. You’ll then need to follow this load order:
[Other ESM Files]
Unofficial Fallout 4 Patch.esp
[The rest of your mods]
The patch aims to address all of the Fallout 4 bugs, and takes on hundreds of them. It’s designed to compatible with many of the Fallout 4 mods out there, and was created by the authors of the Unofficial Oblivion and Skyrim Patch series. Hundreds of gameplay, quest, NPC, object, item, text and placement bugs have been fixed, but no unsafe changes. The bugs have been crowdsourced from fans by the patch’s author, and is available for free.
However, please note that some reddit users report that Fallout 4 patches may see their achievements disabled!
Here are a few:
- AOAliasBailOutScript: Prevented timer event bailout from filling the script logs with errors due to the lack of a check for the alias reference being NONE. (Bug #19591)
- At the end of Dependency (V81_03), if the player convinced Bobby to get clean, talking to Tina will abort after convincing her to join a settlement due to an unfilled property in the scene that was supposed to bring up the settlement selection window. If you succeeded in convincing her but never got the menu, you will get a pop-up menu upon running the patch which will ask you where you want to send her. (Bug #19581)
- The material swaps for Covert Operations 7 (CustomMaterialSwap001D1FEA) and Covert Operations 8 (CustomMaterialSwap001D1FF1) were switched and caused them to display the wrong artwork when dropped in the world. (Bug #20009)
- The Prydwen has a settlement icon on the map even though there is no workshop listed for it and there is never any possibility to send settlers to it. (Bug #19905)
- The combat shotgun stock has a gap in it. (meshes\weapons\combatshotgun\stockshort_1.nif) (Bug #20069)
- The female heavy leather armor model is pointing to the wrong material. (meshes\armor\leather\f_arm_heavy_r.nif) (Bug #20137)
- Level 3 & 4 of Chemist incorrectly list Intelligence of 5 as a requirement instead of 7. (Bug #19585)
- Levels 1 & 2 of the Ninja perk did not properly account for 2-handed melee weapons. (Bug #19667)
- Level 3 of Idiot Savant was mistakenly checking for Intelligence of 6 twice, which left out 5, and the effectiveness chance was off by 1% as well. The Intelligence 8 condition also had unnecessary weapon type conditions that should not have been there. (Bug #19676)
- The Tesla Science magazine perk was not providing the bonus described due to the use of an incorrect keyword. (Bug #20139)
Download the patch here. You can also send feedback to the author and report any more bugs that they may be able to fix.