Today, on January 26, 2015, Star Wars Battlefront’s official blog made an update on their upcoming content, sharing that on tomorrow, January 27, the company will release several new pieces of free content to all players, plus also shared details on the coming months of content and the Season Pass.
Per their blog post:
“Our team has been listening to your feedback and building a calendar of new content and tuning changes we will be making to the game throughout 2016. All fans will get free* content that includes new maps for both multiplayer and Missions modes, the introduction of Private Matches, new Hero outfits, and more. Fans looking to get even more out of their Star Wars Battlefront experience can look forward to the Star WarsBattlefront Season Pass, which will introduce a wealth of fresh content set across exciting new locations including Bespin, the Death Star, and more.”
Tomorrow’s content release is the first of Star Wars Battlefront’s promised new updates. The month of February will bring a new selection of content including a new Survival mission on planet Hoth, and a brand-new Hoth multiplayer map. The map will be available for the larger game modes of Walker Assault, Supremacy, Fighter Squadron and Turning Point. Turning Point will also be available on all maps that currently support Walker Assault and Supremacy, according to the game developers.
The free Star Wars Battlefront content arriving this week includes the following:
- Support for the Blast, Droid Run, Drop Zone, Hero Hunt, and Heroes vs Villains multiplayer modes, on the Tatooine Map. It’s now known as Raider Camp.
- Luke Skywalker and Han Solo each get Hoth-themed outfits. These are available when players play as these characters on Hoth.
- Players can now play Private Matches with friends, and Daily Challenges and Community Events have also been added. Now community members can rally around to meet goals and objectives.
The content won’t stop in March either, as Star Wars Battlefront will add a new multiplayer map on Endor that will also support Walker Assault, Supremacy, and Turning Point. Players will also receive an additional Tatooine Survival map. Future content is likely to arrive in the coming months.
The team also divulged more information on the game’s Season Pass, including the names, dates, and details of each pack. The packs will be as follows:
- Star Wars™ Battlefront™ Outer Rim will let players fight among the factories of Sullust and battle within Jabba the Hutt’s palace on Tatooine (March 2016)
- Star Wars™ Battlefront™ Bespin offers an action-packed experience in the Cloud City (Summer 2016)
- Star Wars™ Battlefront™ Death Star gives players a chance to play in the iconic and renowned Death Star in its gaming debut (Fall 2016)
- Star Wars™ Battlefront™ Expansion Pack 4 – Title and details are forthcoming from the developer (Early 2017)
All of the Star Wars Battlefront expansion packs will be in the Season Pass, now available for sale for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and on Origin for PC, however, the expansion packs will also be sold separately.